1.5 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (1.5 rows of Newman's Own chocolate sandwich cookies)
2 Tb Earth Balance, melted
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1.5 tsp instant espresso powder mixed with 1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup almond milk
1 - 12 oz package of Mori-Nu silken tofu ( see here), drain excess liquid from pkg
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tb agave nectar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Crush cookie crumbs into a fine powder and measure out. I do this in the food processor. Save extra crumbs for sprinkling on top of pie. Mix measured crumbs with melted Earth Balance. Press mixture evenly into pie plate and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
3. Mix the chocolate chips, espresso mixture and almond milk. Microwave until chocolate chips are melted. About 1 minute. Mix until smooth.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, melted chocolate mixture, vanilla and agave nectar. Liquify until completely smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary.
5. Pour chocolate mixture into the cooled pie crust and sprinkle with extra cookie crumbs. Cover with plastic wrap. Let chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.