1.5 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (1.5 rows of Newman's Own chocolate sandwich cookies)
2 Tb Earth Balance, melted
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1.5 tsp instant espresso powder mixed with 1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup almond milk
1 - 12 oz package of Mori-Nu silken tofu ( see here), drain excess liquid from pkg
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tb agave nectar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Crush cookie crumbs into a fine powder and measure out. I do this in the food processor. Save extra crumbs for sprinkling on top of pie. Mix measured crumbs with melted Earth Balance. Press mixture evenly into pie plate and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
3. Mix the chocolate chips, espresso mixture and almond milk. Microwave until chocolate chips are melted. About 1 minute. Mix until smooth.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, melted chocolate mixture, vanilla and agave nectar. Liquify until completely smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary.
5. Pour chocolate mixture into the cooled pie crust and sprinkle with extra cookie crumbs. Cover with plastic wrap. Let chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
I love pesto. Its great as a sandwich spread and with pasta dishes.
Easy Vegan Pesto
2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup walnuts, pine nuts, almonds or pecans (I used walnuts)
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
couple of grinds of fresh pepper
3 Tb nutritional yeast (nooch)
1 Tb fresh lemon juice
Place basil, nuts, and garlic in the food processor. Pulse to combine until coarsely ground. Turn on motor and add evoo in a thin stream through the feed tube. Turn off and add salt, pepper, nooch and lemon juice. Pulse to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
This was my first time trying aquafaba. It worked great!
1 cup vegan sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup aquafaba (liquid from a can of beans)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tb almond milk or vegan milk of choice
1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut
2 Tb vegan butter (earth balance)
3 Tb all purpose flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. In a large bowl add the sour cream, sugar, applesauce, aquafaba, vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold gently until just combined. Add in blueberries and coconut. Use an ice-cream scoop and fill the muffin tin.
Mix the streusel topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the muffins. Bake for 20-22 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.