Saturday, January 18, 2014

Practice Being Human

Read this zine by superdilettante  Its awesome!  Its speaks to a lot that I have been thinking about lately:
  • days free of social media (facebook, twitter, tumbler, instagram)
  • days of more DOING (cooking, drawing, walking, exercising, meditating, crafting... and less looking at what others are doing
  • days of more down time to do nothing or to think and wonder

I've been unsubscribing myself to a lot of stuff and it feels great to unclog my email box of unnecessary clutter.   I've significantly reduced the number of "friends" I have on facebook and also reduced the number of days and the amount of time I spend on it.  I deactivated my twitter account.  I am reducing the number of people I follow on instagram.  I want to be more fully present when I am with others.  I have gone to visit people where everyone was on their phone or ipad except for me.  People were missing out on interacting with the person sitting with them because they were staring at an electronic device.

My intention for 2014 is to be more fully present in my life and to expend more creative energy by doing, making, thinking, napping, playing...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment