Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dogtown!

Went to Dogtown for the first time today. Its a cute little place on Monroe Ave. across from Oxford St. and the Plum House. There is a small parking lot in front of the building. I got there at 11:45 a.m., which is a good idea because the lunch rush is busy and the place is pretty small.

What I love about Dogtown is that there are Lots of veggie options. There are veggie hotdogs, veggie burgers, the soup of the day is always vegetarian, and they have vegetarian chili. In addition, two of their sandwiches are vegetarian (the portobello sandwich and the mushroom melt). On Thursdays, they have a veggie burger special. But what I was there for was the veggie garbage plate aka the junkyard plate.

I got mine with a veggie hotdog and a veggie burger, mac salad and homefries with a topping of veggie chili, mustard and raw onions. It was awesome! I've had a lot of so-so veggie hotdogs. The one at Dogtown was the best I ever had and it was grilled perfectly. The veggie burger was green (!); I don't know what was in it but it too was tasty. The homefries were amazing, perfectly brown and crispy on all sides. Best homefries I've had in Rochester. The mac salad was pretty much your typical mac salad, it was a little on the dry side and could have used a little more dressing. There was a small amount of veggie chili on top. I would've liked to have more chili as the whole plate was a little on the dry side as far as garbage plates go. But overall, this was an amazing garbage plate and I would order it again. They also have cool sodas; I got a sparkling blackberry and my bro got a green apple soda. Service was friendly and detail oriented. The place is small inside and you will pretty much hear the conversations of the folks around you. Dogtown has a funky, cool, urban feel. I will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment