Friday, March 5, 2010

Variety

I gave up eating meat for lent but really I stopped eating it before then - around mid-January. My natural propensity is to eat vegetarian. What I've discovered is that my diet is much more varied, interesting and nutritious. Just off the top of my head, here is a list of stuff I've made recently:

lentil soup with soy chorizo
mac and cheese
minestrone (first fennel adventure)
stirfry with tofu and broccoli
roased beet salad
lentil salad with veggies and feta
hummus veggie pitas
veggie frittata
spinach and gruyere strata
pasta alfredo with broccoli and mushrooms
pizza with mushrooms, peppers and onions
black bean chili over baked sweet potato
black beans and rice
dal and rice
tomato chickpea soup
grilled cheese with kalamata olive pesto
smoothies with yogurt, soymilk and fresh berries
baked potato soup

No comments:

Post a Comment