Monday, February 8, 2010

highlights

my pastor has an great list of his highlights from the first week in feb:
highlights from first week of feb 2010

He has inspired me to create my own list

el-bday4

1. celebrating Elvis' first birthday with friends Sue and Joann and dog pals Pepe and Buddy. Elvis has been my shining star these past 6 mos of growth and change.

2. walking in the snowy arroyo with Elvis off-leash early in the morning when no one else is around. Enjoying the exercise, the silence, the crunch of the snow, the cold, clean air and the solitude of just me and my little pup.

3. exchanging recipes with my dear friend Suzanne. She is fellow foodie and together we egg each other on to new culinary heights. I've been sending her stir-fry recipes and she has been sending me new baking ideas like a salvadorean quesadilla (which bears no resemblance to a mexican quesadilla and is actually a cake).

4. Reading good books. At the moment: Sweeping Changes: Discovering the Joy of Zen in Everyday Tasks by Gary Thorp

5. Shopping fun with Sue and Joann. It is so fun and easy to be with them. We hit a gazillion stores all in a row and then stopped to have lunch at El Tesoro. The spinach and goat cheese sandwich is yummy.

6. Taking the time for meditation and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment